Peter reveals his original recipe
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Put the milk, the yolks, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and beat vigorously with a whisk.
- Stir in the flour, stir constantly until the mixture is slightly thick.
- Gently add raisins (if you want to).
- Stir in the shot of mineral water (to make the Kaiserschmarr’n looser).
- Beat the egg whites to stiff snow and carefully lift it under the mass.
- Melt butter or margarine in a pan and add the dough.
- Let it harden on the underside over medium heat.
- Use a spoon or spatula (pancake scoop) to divide and turn the mass, use two forks to tear the mixture to pieces.
- Now carefully turn the Schmarr’n over and over (do not squeeze it!) until it is ready.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.